Nervous Moyes! Former Manchester United manager reveals he is nervous as he takes his debut in the Spanish league

David Moyes will take charge of his first game at Real Sociedad this weekend The ex-Manchester United boss takes control of a t...



David Moyes will take charge of his first game at Real Sociedad this weekend



The ex-Manchester United boss takes control of a team 15th in the table.
"I'm nervous but I've got a good feeling," he said at his first pre-match news conference.
"I have a concern about why we haven't won away from home this season so we have to make sure that changes. We will try to be positive. We need to become hard to beat."
Moyes, who was sacked by United in April, has signed a contract to June 2016 with the Basque club to replace Jagoba Arrasate, who was dismissed following a poor run of form.

The Scot says he is enjoying life so far and hopes his side can build on their last game, a win over champions Atletico Madrid.
"I've really enjoyed it," he said. "I've been made incredibly welcome. We've had a great week and good weather, which I've enjoyed.
"I've got a lot to learn about the players, San Sebastian and the fans. I have to get to know the players better. 


Moyes set to kick Real Sociedad up on the table




"I hope in time I will be able to improve them and we can climb the table."
"I've watched them on the videos - we've had scouting reports," Moyes said. "It's been interesting as I've had to translate all the reports from Spanish to English. I know a good bit about them but obviously not as much as most people.
"I need the staff here to help me. They know more about the players than I do.
"The players' attitude has been fantastic. I met my Spanish teacher yesterday but the club have already started English lessons here. It's incredible they're doing that - they're helping me." 

Moyes, who managed Everton for 11 years before replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at United, says he will change elements of the way the club is run in time.
"I've been fortunate to work at two of the best facilities anywhere - Everton and Manchester United. Part of the reason I've come here is my expertise of what is needed behind the scenes to become a top club.


 



Related

La Liga 4013821271395562321

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Follow Us

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Advert

Text Widget

Connect With Us

item